Have you always dreamt of leading a Cycling Group but need some training to do so safely?
Look no further!
Bikeworks delivers a Ride Leader course to enable people to plan and deliver rides with mixed ability groups on, and off-road.
The 3 hours Ride Leader course enables you to plan and deliver rides with mixed ability groups on, and off-road.
Bikeworks East Training Hub, Lee Valley VeloPark, Abercrombie Rd, London E20 3AB
The training is delivered by 2 tutors to maximum 8 participants ideally with a recommended Level 3 Bikeability cycling ability.
You will need to be a confident cyclist yourself. Assess yourself.
It is a practical course which includes some theoretical elements.
You must come with your own cycle.
What does the course cover?
During the course, you will discuss:
- Advanced riding skills ( from the cycling National Standard )
- The roles and responsibilities of ride leaders and marshals
- Group cycling off and on road – snaking (Moving riders in a group)
- Risk management and dealing with incidents
- Route planning
Cost of the course:
£50.00 per person.
To book – please fill in the form below.
(All participants will be required to sign and return the consent form, in advance.)
At the end of the course, you will receive :
- a personalised Ride leader certificate of attendance
- a ride leader info sheet