Ride Leader Training
Do you want to lead a Cycling Group but need some training to do so safely?
Bikeworks delivers a Ride Leader course to enable people to plan and deliver rides with mixed ability groups on, and off-road. We have delivered this for grassroots groups where the leaders have gone on to lead rides in their communities, and for large organisations including Great Ormond Street Hospital before the Doctors cycled from London to Edinburgh for COP-26.
The 3 hours Ride Leader course enables you to plan and deliver rides with mixed ability groups on, and off-road.
What is Ride Leader Training
During the course, you will cover:
- Advanced riding skills ( from the cycling National Standard )
- The roles and responsibilities of ride leaders and marshals
- Group cycling off and on road – snaking (Moving riders in a group)
- Risk management and dealing with incidents
- Route planning
It is a practical course which includes some theoretical elements.
You must come with your own cycle.
£70.00 per person.
To book – please fill in the form below.
At the end of the course, you will receive :
- a personalised Ride leader certificate of attendance
- a ride leader info sheet and helpful documents
Note our Social Cycling Ride Leader courses are free for participants.