What is Cycle Connect?
The Cycle Connect is a free door to door, side-by-side, cycle service allowing up to three passengers to enjoy gentle exercise and fresh air while carrying out journeys in their neighbourhood.
Where does it operate?
The Cycle Connect is currently only operating in west London and is for residents of Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster, and the estates surrounding Wormwood Scrubs.
Who is it for?
Check out the map below showing the residents we operate for. Note, we can do journeys outside of these areas, they only show where you need to be a resident of.
There is space for 3 passengers, so bring your friends, family or carer. You have the option to assist with pedalling if you’d like, although it’s not necessary since the bicycle is electrically assisted. Note, due to size restrictions the cycle connect is for adults only.
When does it operate?
We operate on most weekdays, between 9:30am and 4pm, with increased availability in the spring and summer months.
You can book a slot for 1.5 hours and our friendly local pilot will collect you and take you wherever you would like to go in the local area during that time. It might be you would just like to go for a leisure ride, which is absolutely fine too.
How do I book or enquire?
By Phone – 0208 9807 998 (option 4)
By Email – email@example.com
Online – via our booking page
AVAILABLE TO BOOK NOW!
If you live within the highlighted areas in the map, you can book.
- The cycle connect is designed to make cycling easier
- The connect is an inclusive cycle as long as your able to transfer onto the cycle and safely place your feet on the pedals. We can also securely transport most mobility aids
- Our friendly pilots can offer assistance
- Step free
- Adults only due to size restrictions
- Whilst we aim to be as inclusive and accessible as possible your safety is our priority so sometimes we may use your first session as a taster session to see if the connect meets your needs, we can also try making some adaptations and adjustments.
- The cycle is steered by the pilot and the power assist allows you to pedal as much or as little as you want
No. The primary user needs to be from the operational areas (this is due to the requirements of our funders), but carers, family and friends can be from elsewhere.
The Cycle Connect is completely free to use. We are kindly funded by HS2, the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Council, and Westminster City Council.