Build A Bike Programme
Our Build A Bike programme give participants all the knowledge needed to correctly maintain and cycle their own bikes. The course is popular with organisations wanting to empower young people to have ownership over their bikes and has been used as a way to tackle the growing issue of bike theft in London.
What is a Build A Bike Programme?
The first day consists of our friendly and experience tutors taking learners through how to put a new bike together from a box and make the necessary adjustments to make it road worthy. As well as learning to put a bike together learners will cover:
• Roadside puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
• M-Check (learning how to check that major components are safe and roadworthy, making minor adjustments)
Learners are taken through the full Bikeability syllabus:
• Level 1 – basics of how to ride a bike, including balance and pedal setting.
• Level 2 – focused on road awareness; covering turns and roundabouts.
• Level 3 – focused on independent road riding and route planning.
This will allow them to ride the bike safely on the roads and use the new bike as a form of transport.
Day 1: Bike building (6 hours)
Day 2: Cycle Training (6 hours)
Each participant receives either Probike (either mountain bike or BMX), cycle lock and lights.
On successful completion of the course participants receive a certificate of completion and a Bikeability Level.
The cost starts at £2,225 (+VAT) for 5 participants.
Each extra participant: £185 (+VAT)
Maximum number of participants: 9
Where can they take place?
Either at one of our training centres:
• West Training Hub: 3 Maxilla Walk, Notting Hill, W10 6NQ
• East Training Hub: Lee Valley Velopark, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Abercrombie Road, E20 3AB
Or any suitable venue! Which could be a community centre, school or work venue.
Anytime! Please fill out the form below to receive more information and a quote.