Bikeworks delivers a 3.5 hours Ride Leader course to enable people to plan and deliver rides with mixed ability groups on, and off-road.
These are run from from our training centres located at the following addresses:
- Bikeworks East Training Hub, Lee Valley VeloPark, Abercrombie Rd, London E20 3AB
- Bikeworks West Training Hub 3 Maxilla Walk, London W10 6NQ
The training is delivered by 2 tutors to maximum 10 participants ideally with a Level 3 Bikeability cycling ability.
It is a practical course which includes some theoretical elements.
All participants must come with their own cycle.
The course covers the following:
- National Standard levels 1-3
- snaking (Moving riders in a group)
- risk management and dealing with incidents
- Route planning
At the end of the course, Bikeworks issues :
- a Ride leader certificate of attendance per participant
- A ride leader info sheet
The cost for the course is £350.00 for up to 10 participants.
Name and contact number of the participants must be communicated to bikeworks 2 working days before the course [not including weekend].
All participants must complete, sign and return the consent form, in advance if possible.
Cancellation policy: Clients will be liable for the full cost of instructors’ charges if a session is cancelled within 48 hours, not including weekends
Please register your interest by email: email@example.com