Cycle Delivery Service COVID-19
Covid-19 Cycle Delivery
We coordinate a cycle delivery service across a number of London Boroughs, with GP Federations, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Pharmacies, and with Imperial College London.
All our cyclists are trained and experienced in the following:
- Safeguarding and managing risk.
- Health and safety, including the transportation of medicines and testing kits, and hot food.
- Adhere to all up-to-date government guidelines, including personal protective equipment.
- Awareness of the mental and physical needs of the people we are visiting.
What we deliver
Set up originally to deliver essential supplies to vulnerable, isolating and shielding households, we are skilled and experienced as a cycle delivery service across the following:
Partnerships with Clinical Commissioning Groups and Pharmacies, to provide essential and life-saving medicines to keep people safe and well at home.
2. Food Parcels and Hot Meals:
Partnerships with charities, local groups and Local Authorities to deliver hot meals and food bank deliveries to our most vulnerable Londoners.
3. Covid-19 Swab Tests and Oxygen Kits:
Partnerships with GP Federations and Royal London Hospital in Newham, Waltham Forest, and Tower Hamlets boroughs.
4. Imperial College London Covid-19 Research - PHE:
In partnership with the Health Protection Research Unit (HPRU) in Respiratory Infections, at Imperial College London, in collaboration with Public Health England.
“Our cyclists can exceed 60 miles per day!” Lourdes, Bikeworks Project Manager
Imperial College HPRU is at the forefront of Covid-19 research. Little is known about how the virus spreads in households and how the immune response to it, and why different people experience such diverse outcomes after infection. These findings will guide the longer term control of infection beyond lockdown, accelerating the development and evaluation of vaccines.
Bikeworks is the cycle delivery service for research project ATACCC: Assessment of Transmission and Contagiousness of COVID-19 in Contacts.
“Thanks Bikeworks, for your collaboration and all your team’s hard work. Together we’re making a positive difference in responding to this pandemic” Samuel Evetts, HPRU Manager, Imperial College London
For further information, please contact:
- Samuel Evetts (HPRU Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lourdes Villegas Garcia (Bikeworks Project Manager) email@example.com
How can we support you during Covid-19?
If you want to speak to us about our Covid-19 Cycle Delivery please email firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject header put “Cycle Delivery”.
We aim to respond to your email within 48 hours.