Goldsmiths University Dr Bikes
We are pleased to be able to offer free bicycle maintenance sessions to students and staff at Goldsmiths, University of London.
As part of their Green New Deal project, Goldsmiths has committed to cutting their transport and travel emissions by 50% by 2025. To work towards this aim, the College has partnered with Bikeworks to offer a series of free Dr Bike sessions on campus in summer 2022.
During the 20-minute sessions, fully trained mechanics will conduct a full check of your bike and carry out minor repairs on site, replacing brake pads, cables and inner tubes for free if needed and time-permitting. The team can also advise on larger repairs to make sure your bicycle is safe and ready for the road.
To book your space on a Dr Bike session, please select the correct date and time from the list below and then register your details.
Please note that bikes do not have to be dropped off at the specific slot time, they can be dropped off at the beginning of the day and collected at the end if that is more convenient. In this instance, the individual is responsible for ensuring their bike is locked to a stand. To amend or cancel your session or order parts, please contact us directly via our contact page or on 020 8980 7998.
The Bikeworks mechanic will be set up in the courtyard area next to the Margaret McMillan building main entrance.
Terms and Conditions
- These sessions are open to students and staff at Goldsmiths, University of London only. ID will be checked by the mechanic receiving the bike.
- Parts will only be replaced if the bike is already in good working order and the parts are essential.
- Bikeworks have the right to refuse to work on a cycle if the condition is not roadworthy.
- All bike registration forms completed on the day will be uploaded to the national register www.bikeregister.com
- All deposited cycles for confirmed bookings need to be collected by the agreed time to minimise disruption to the session.
- Enquiries about the scheme at Goldsmiths can be sent to email@example.com
- To read more about the Green New Deal project at Goldsmiths, visit