The intermediate maintenance course builds on the skills introduced in the beginners course. Therefore it is worth taking that course first, or being sure you are comfortable with the skills covered.
The Intermediate course covers:
- An in depth look at brakes (cables, maintenance)
- Setting up gears
- Derailleur limit screws demonstration
- Principles of adjusting derailleur (front and rear) also known as indexing
- Basic wheel truing
This course is great for people who wish to be able to keep their bike running smoothly between major services, or who would like the skills to perform parts upgrades themselves.
The training centre is fully equipped with everything you need on the day (and more!) but these tool kits are a great way to use the skills you learn on your own bike after the course:
Basic tool kit – £20
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a Neos simplicity L wench (non ratchet) with 10 bits.
Advanced tool kit – £35
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a SuperB 18 in 1 folding tool.
Commuter tool kit – £50
Mini pump, 2 tyre levers, 11 function multi tool and a seat pack.
- We may have to cancel sessions with fewer than 3 participants, and move participants’ bookings to a suitable future date.
- This course is appropriate for the vast majority of standard bikes but please book on to a specialist course to learn maintenance of hydraulic bikes.
- You can either bring your own bike to practice on (recommended) or we have a number of training bikes you can use.
- Participants can switch course dates (subject to available spaces) or cancel their course a minimum 1 week before the course date. Cancellations/date changes after this point cannot be processed and participants will lose their course fee.