“Having done a one-day Bikeworks maintenance course I feel much more confident about looking after my trusty stead! Thanks! Keep up the good works. Highly recommended – give it a go!” Mel
The intermediate maintenance course builds on the skills introduced in the beginners course. Therefore it is worth taking that course first, or being sure you are comfortable with the skills covered.
The Intermediate course covers:
- An in depth look at brakes (cables, maintenance)
- Setting up gears
- Derailleur limit screws demonstration
- Principles of adjusting derailleur (front and rear) also known as indexing
- Basic wheel truing
This course is great for people who wish to be able to keep their bike running smoothly between major services, or who would like the skills to perform parts upgrades themselves.
The training centre is fully equipped with everything you need on the day (and more!) but these tool kits are a great way to use the skills you learn on your own bike after the course:
Basic tool kit – £20
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a Neos simplicity L wench (non ratchet) with 10 bits.
Advanced tool kit – £35
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a SuperB 18 in 1 folding tool.
- We may have to cancel sessions with fewer than 4 participants, and move participants’ bookings to a suitable future date.
- Participants can switch course dates (subject to available spaces) or cancel their course a minimum 1 week before the course date. Cancellations/date changes after this point cannot be processed and participants will lose their course fee.
- You can either bring your own bike to practice on (recommended) or we have a number of training bikes you can use.
- All under 16 year olds must be accompanied by a paying adult
If the current dates aren’t suitable for you, please click the button below to get in contact with us.