“Having done a one-day Bikeworks maintenance course I feel much more confident about looking after my trusty stead! Thanks! Keep up the good works. Highly recommended – give it a go!” Mel
Our beginners course is a great introduction to bicycle maintenance and is suitable for people who have never touched an allen key in their life, or people who have muddled through a puncture repair but would like to be slicker.
After the course you will be able to check your bike over before a ride to make sure it is road worthy, or repair a puncture much more confidently. You will also pick up some tips for keeping your bike in good shape, hopefully making your servicing intervals less frequent.
The Beginners course covers:
- Roadside puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
- M-Check (learning how to check that major components are safe and roadworthy, making minor adjustments)
- Removal and refitting of brake blocks, balancing brake calipers
- Adjusting brake cable tension
- Preventative care e.g. how to clean and lubricate your bike parts
The training centre is fully equipped with everything you need on the day (and more!) but these tool kits are a great way to use the skills you learn on your own bike after the course:
Basic tool kit – £20
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a Neos simplicity L wench (non ratchet) with 10 bits.
Advanced tool kit – £35
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a SuperB 18 in 1 folding tool.
- We may have to cancel sessions with fewer than 4 participants, and move participants’ bookings to a suitable future date.
- Participants can switch course dates (subject to available spaces) or cancel their course a minimum 1 week before the course date. Cancellations/date changes after this point cannot be processed and participants will lose their course fee.
- You can either bring your own bike to practice on (recommended) or we have a number of training bikes you can use.
- All under 16 year olds must be accompanied by a paying adult
If the current dates don’t fit in with your schedule, please get in contact with us