Please note: There are no more Dr Bike sessions at University of Cambridge in 2023, thanks to all who had their cycle serviced with us.
Sessions will resume in 2024, booking slots will be available shortly.
We are pleased to be able to offer free Dr. Bike sessions to University of Cambridge staff.
To book your space on the session run by your department, please select the correct date and time from the list below and then register your details. Bikes do not have to be dropped off at the specific slot time, they can be dropped off at the beginning and collected at the end if that is more convenient.
During the 20 minute session our fully trained mechanics will check your bike and replace brake pads and cables for free, if needed and time permitting. Advice can be given on any further work that cannot be carried out in the time slot.
Please contact Bikeworks via our contact page or via phone (020 8980 7998) to order parts or amend/ cancel your session.
Terms and Conditions
- These sessions are open to University staff only, ID will be checked by the mechanic receiving the bike.
- Parts will only be replaced if the bike is already in good working order and the parts are essential.
- Bikeworks have the right to refuse to work on a cycle if the condition is not roadworthy.
- All bike registration forms completed on the day will be uploaded to the national register www.bikeregister.com
- All deposited cycles for confirmed bookings need to be collected by the agreed time to minimise disruption to the session.
- The Sustainability Team at the University of Cambridge reserve the right to withdraw this service if it is abused by staff.
- Enquiries of the scheme can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the event at the David Attenborough building on Tuesday, 19th September, the Dr Bike session is exclusively for all staff based in the David Attenborough Building and University Staff.