What will I be doing during the programme?
- Participant pathways will vary depending on the initial interview/intake. We will work with participants to determine enrolment into appropriate curriculum from Bikeworks’ selection of employment and skills courses. Development pathways will be designed in partnership with participants and fluctuate depending on their existing skillset, goals, and desired growth.
Who can take part in the programme?
- The programme is currently open to unemployed individuals with priority for Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest, and Hackney residents with disabilities and sensory needs, women, ethnic minorities or age 50+. If you are an unemployed London resident and are interested in the programme but do not meet the above criteria, please DO submit an enquiry form as additional opportunities may become available.
How do I join?
- You can apply or refer someone else using the Referral/Enquiry box. We will follow up with the candidate and/or referring body to determine their eligibility for the programme.
How much does it cost?
- The programme is free for unemployed candidates who meet our funding criteria. We ask you to make sure you are available for all the sessions and that you commit to coming to all the sessions. We are currently looking for residents of Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, and Waltham Forest, with a priority for people with disabilities and sensory needs, women, ethnic minorities and age 50+. Please submit an inquiry form to find out if you qualify.
How do I access the Maxilla, Victoria Park and Olympic Park course sites?
- Maxilla: Courses take place at Bikeworks’ Training Centre – 3 Maxilla Walk, Notting Hill, W10 6NQ
- Victoria Park All Ability Club site: The club base is the two green shipping containers just inside the park entrance by the top lock on the Hertford Union Canal, accessed from Parnell Road.
- Olympic Park: Courses take place at the Velodrome at Lee Valley VeloPark, QEOP – Abercrombie Road, London, E20 3AB
What else do I need to take part?
During the intake, candidates will need to have documents that confirm:
- their identity
- (British Passport, Passport or national identity card of a European Economic Area Country or Switzerland, Visa details if applicable, or birth/adoption certificate)
- proof of address
- (Driving License, letter from HMRC, utility bill/phone bill, bank statement, council tax)
- unemployment status
- (a full Job Seekers Allowance letter or full Universal Credit statement)
If you are an unemployed London resident and are interested in the programme but do not have the above documentation, please DO submit an enquiry form as we may have access to alternative methods of meeting the above criteria.
What is in place to make sure it is Covid-19 secure?
With the situation developing all the time and government regulations changing, you can be assured that we will be operating in accordance with the existing guidelines at the time of the session.
- Group size and Social Distancing: Rules for the number of people for indoor activity will be followed. Currently courses are limited to 5 participants with 1 instructor- we will let you know if the COVID rules change and the session has to change.
- If you are borrowing a bike or helmet- you’ll be asked to wipe it down with sanitising spray after you use it, and the instructor will also wipe it down before allowing you to use it. Don’t feel shy to ask if it’s been done!
- PPE will be available: masks, gloves and sanitiser spray for wiping surfaces are all available for you to use at the venue.
Please use the Cycle Into Work Referral/Enquiry Form to contact Loke Davis- Cycle Into Work Project Manager