Your drivetrain is what powers your wheels and having a well maintained set can make your pedaling more efficient, and just a more pleasant experience. In this course we will cover everything you need to know to keep your peddling smooth and easy from cleaning all the way to what to do when disaster strikes.
We also cover how to index your gears and get them shifting smoothly.
The course covers the following:
- Measuring chain wear
- How to wash your drivetrain
- Lubricating your chain
- Replacing your chain and cassette/freewheel
- What to do when your chain snaps
- Gear Indexing
The training centre is fully equipped with everything you need on the day (and more!) but these tool kits are a great way to use the skills you learn on your own bike after the course:
Basic tool kit – £20
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a Neos simplicity L wench (non ratchet) with 10 bits.
Advanced tool kit – £35
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a SuperB 18 in 1 folding tool.
Commuter tool kit – £50
Mini pump, 2 tyre levers, 11 function multi tool and a seat pack.
- We may have to cancel sessions with fewer than 3 participants, and move participants’ bookings to a suitable future date.
- You can either bring your own bike to practice on (recommended) or we have a number of training bikes you can use.
- Participants can switch course dates (subject to available spaces) or cancel their course a minimum 1 week before the course date. Cancellations/date changes after this point cannot be processed and participants will lose their course fee.