Having reactive brakes is super important! Hydraulic brakes have a lot of stopping power, but adjusting them is not as simple as tweaking a cable. In this course you will learn what needs to be done for the sharpest braking in terms of Hydraulics.
The course covers the following:
- Introduction to hydraulic fluids and appropriate use
- Demonstration of a standard bleeding process
- Rotor truing
- Rotor adaptors (matching the caliper to the rotor)
- Shortening your hose
Location: East Training Hub – Lee Valley Velopark, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Abercrombie Road, E20 3AB
The training centre is fully equipped with everything you need on the day (and more!) but these tool kits are a great way to use the skills you learn on your own bike after the course:
Basic tool kit – £20
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a Neos simplicity L wench (non ratchet) with 10 bits.
Advanced tool kit – £35
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a SuperB 18 in 1 folding tool.
Commuter tool kit – £50
Mini pump, 2 tyre levers, 11 function multi tool and a seat pack.
- We may have to cancel sessions with fewer than 3 participants, and move participants’ bookings to a suitable future date.
- You can either bring your own bike to practice on (recommended) or we have a number of training bikes you can use.
- Participants can switch course dates (subject to available spaces) or cancel their course a minimum 1 week before the course date. Cancellations/date changes after this point cannot be processed and participants will lose their course fee.