Having reactive brakes is super important! Hydraulic brakes have a lot of stopping power, but adjusting them is not as simple as tweaking a cable. In this course you will learn what needs to be done for the sharpest braking in terms of Hydraulics.
The course covers the following:
- Introduction to hydraulic fluids and appropriate use
- Demonstration of a standard bleeding process
- Rotor truing
- Rotor adaptors (matching the caliper to the rotor)
- Shortening your hose
The training centre is fully equipped with everything you need on the day (and more!) but these tool kits are a great way to use the skills you learn on your own bike after the course:
Basic tool kit – £20
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a Neos simplicity L wench (non ratchet) with 10 bits.
Advanced tool kit – £35
Puncture repair kit, set of 3 super B tyre levers, wet/dry lubricant and a SuperB 18 in 1 folding tool.
Commuter tool kit – £50
Mini pump, 2 tyre levers, 11 function multi tool and a seat pack.
- We may have to cancel sessions with fewer than 3 participants, and move participants’ bookings to a suitable future date.
- You can either bring your own bike to practice on (recommended) or we have a number of training bikes you can use.
- Participants can switch course dates (subject to available spaces) or cancel their course a minimum 1 week before the course date. Cancellations/date changes after this point cannot be processed and participants will lose their course fee.