Enroll in a professional City & Guilds cycle mechanics course
Bikeworks’ Level 2 City & Guilds Certificate in Cycle Mechanics usually runs for 15 consecutive working days.
Next course June-July 2018.
This intensive course takes students through the core skills and workshop techniques required to begin a career as a professional cycle mechanic. The course is equally suited to people already working in the cycle industry who want a nationally recognised qualification, or keen cyclists interested in taking their maintenance or bike building skills to a higher level.
All training takes place in our professionally equipped training workshop in Bethnal Green, London.
NB: candidates will need to make their own lunch & travel arrangements.
£1,200 INCLUSIVE (REDUCED FROM £1,440)
Dates: June-July 2018
Price: £1,200 including VAT & City & Guilds registrations and certificates
Deposit: £250 (non-refundable)
Further details and to book your place, please contact us on:
020 8980 7998
Course Content Overview
Over the 15 days of the course, you will cover:
- Workshop etiquette and health and safety;
- Puncture repair;
- Rim brake removal and adjustment;
- Derailleur removal and adjustment;
- Cable disc-brake removal and adjustment;
- Hubs and bearing servicing;
- Headset servicing and frame preparation;
- Bottom bracket servicing and frame preparation;
- Accessory fitting and systematic checks;
- Wheel building;
- Full strip and rebuild, including frame swap
There will be time at the end to catch-up on unsuccessful assessments and any missed work.
Candidates will require a good level of spoken and written English and comprehension to complete the course, although some assistance can be provided for written tasks.
Please get in touch with the team for more information!