Do you want to learn bicycle maintenance and repair from our professional tutors?
Would you like to tune up your bike and take away practical cycle-care skills?
Well join us for our *free* one-day maintenance courses!
The courses are open to all who live/work/study in the London Boroughs of Kensington & Chelsea (RBKC) or Hammersmith & Fulham (LBHF)!
A Basic course covers:
– Roadside puncture repair – removal of wheel and tyre
– M-check (making sure major components are safe and roadworthy, making minor adjustments)
– Removal and refitting of brake blocks, balancing brake callipers
– Principles of basic gear adjustment
– Checking chain tension
– Preventative care, e.g. how to clean and lubricate parts of the bike
A Intermediate course covers:
– Removal and refitting of brake cables
– Reconnecting and setting up new brakes
– Removal and refitting of gear cables
– Limit stop screw demonstration
– Principles of adjusting front derailleur
– Wheel truing – demonstration and practical application
New dates for 2017 and 2018
(To ensure an engaging learning environment we may have to cancel sessions with less than 3 participants and move them to a suitable future course – The cut-off point for booking will be 1 week prior to sessions)
Basic – for beginners
Sunday 4 June 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 16 July 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 30 July 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 6 August 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 3 September 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 15 October 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 26 November 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 11 February 2018 – 10-4
(participants must be confident in all aspects of a Beginner course, or have undertaken the Beginner course before taking the intermediate course)
Sunday 11 June 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 27 August 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 24 September 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 12 November 2017 – 10-4
Sunday 28 January 2018 – 10-4
Sunday 11 March 2018 – 10-4
The course takes place at our Maxilla training centre (click here for a map).
All tools are provided, but we do ask that you bring your own bike to work on.
To book your place please click here (We simply require a £5 deposit per course, which is only retained if you fail to show up on the day or cancel with less than one week’s notice).
For more information ask for John on 0208 980 7998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon!